Saturday, June 13, 2009

The same, but different

LOL. Another update due.

Our June 10 court date was, you guess it, postponed. It's now set for July 1. I pretty much feel like I'm going to be married to S forever at this point.

Kids finished out school....L ended up with a C in Science, but I couldn't be happier, considering his previous grades. T and I have had some really good talks and has shown great signs of improving. Things are good with them.

My man and I are back together. We can't seem to stay apart for long.

My friend M got married recently (we lived together with all 4 of our boys when we separated from our husbands). This was initially very hard for me. Although my divorce is not final, I've been separated nearly 2 years, and have thought a lot about my relationship future. Sometimes I miss the family unit thing...and sometimes I revel in my singlemomdom. But I went through a bit of a funk when she told me she was getting married. I was/am so happy for her; she and her guy are a great couple...but my heart ached a little because all of a sudden I wanted to move forward too. I got over it pretty quickly, thankfully. I realized that I need to enjoy these relatively selfish days with my boys, where I rule the roost and can have fish sticks and noodles for dinner if that's what we want. Or watch WWE 3 times a week on the main TV. Or spend as much time on facebook as I wanna. Not such a bad life. :) For a little while, anyway.

No comments: