Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And so it begins...

Being a Single Mom means sacrifice, determination, patience, and apparently, the stomach for watching WWE (maybe that last one just applies to me). We have awesome days and we have days that make us want to tear our hearts out of our chests so they can't hurt anymore. We have days where it seems like we have it all together and some that would have been better spent in bed. Some days we can't wait for Dad's day/weekend, other days we just want to hug our babies tight and never let them go.

I've been doing the Single Mom thing since October 2007. What's never changed for me, what's never wavered for a second is my love for those two little boys who call me Mom. And I'm so grateful for their love; it's what keeps me going everyday. A month ago, I was awarded primary custody (the ex-husband and I had been sharing custody up to that point) of my boys, so my role as Single Mom has expanded to full-time. Still waiting for it all to be official/final...visitation, child support, THE DIVORCE...but that story is not why we're here.

Single Moms need support & encouragement from other SMs. I've talked to many single moms recently and one of us almost always says, "I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels like that/who has kids doing that/etc. We need to know there are others having the same sort of issues, the same challenges, and the same happy moments we have. We need to know there are others Rockin' the Single Mom Life. That's why we're here.

No comments: