Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Odd Little Bird

I made the mistake of not immediately putting their sheets back on their beds after washing them, and the boys talked me into letting them sleep one night directly on their mattress pads, because "they are so soft and smooth." One day turned into a week, and tonight I attempted to put my foot down. T begged and pleaded with me not to put the fitted sheet on his bed...even broke out the Quivering Lip of Doom. I tried to explain to him that I could not have people (maintenance men, my mother, etc.) come over and see him sleeping like a hobo. After several minutes of explaining our cases, we came up with a solution:
No fitted sheet. He has the flat sheet on half the bed and his bedspread is neatly folded to the right. The bed can easily be made, and he has his green blanket to use. He was so happy that he got right into bed and fell asleep in just a few minutes.
In a few days, I'm hoping he won't notice when I put the bed the way it's supposed to be.

No comments: